You might have noticed my passion for products Made in Paris. Not just because they are from Paris, but they often represent everything I love: passion, craftsmanship, authenticity.
And I am always looking for the story behind the product I buy since in the end, isn’t it all about people?
Beautiful things made by beautiful people. “De belles personnes”, as we say in French. It just makes the experience of wearing things even more special.
I will regularly share some of my “coups de coeur” with you, to start with the jewelry Lõu.Yetu.
Camille Riou launched this brand in 2013 after working for Procter& Gamble and L’Oréal, don’t we just love this kind of career changes?
Lõu.Yetu is one of these brands nearly all Parisian women know.
There are two things I like about Lõu.Yetu, besides the design of course. As Camille says “jewelry that resists life for a reasonable price”, which means spending your money in a durable way and actually being able to wear this jewelry in daily life. Besides this, it’s all about combining pieces to create your own look. Which might seem easy, but it does need some skills. Lõu.Yetu shares the golden rules behind the art of combining, which I have completed a bit with my own humble advice
– Choose your superhero: start combining with a masterpiece, your absolute favorite one
– Dare to mingle: and not just color, but also texture, print, sizes, shapes,…
– Don’t neglect details: complete your look with thin necklaces, rings or bracelets, they will make the difference
– Go for the uneven: while combining, use uneven numbers ( 3 rings are better than 2, try to explain that to your boyfriend:)
– Consider jewelry as a statement, don’t overshadow it with clothes or makeup, give it space to be seen